I posted an ultra-basic Local SEO tip over at SEM Clubhouse today, “How To Rank Well In Google Maps – One Easy Tip“. This one is so basic that it nearly goes without saying!
However, I think many people may not have realized that CLAIMING your business actually is a major ranking signal for Google Maps, and automatically gives a listing a leg up over many unclaimed listings in the same category/area combination. Google employees have actually publicly verified that this is a ranking factor! There are very few instances where they’ll say that some factor is influential on rankings, so this is not to be ignored.
Stay tuned for more “Local SEO 101″ tutorials.
- Google Maps Labs “What’s Around Here?” Feature May Reveal Ranking Factors
- Thoughts On Local Search Ranking Factors
- Sea Change: Google’s New Place Search Introduces New Disruption
- Local SEO 101: Domain Naming
- Introducing Local SEO 101