I’m contemplating doing a series of posts on here of “Local SEO 101” tips. Each post would outline a specific tactic for ranking in local search results, including local searches under blended/Universal Search as well as with Google Maps and other local search engines.
By its very nature, local search optimization is more complex than regular keyword search optimization because there are more ranking signals involved and locational information including geocodes, business directory listings, street addresses, phone numbers, city names, geolocation, PlaceRank signals, and more.
If you’d be interested in this series, please post a comment to let me know.
- Speaking At Upcoming DFW SEM Meeting
- Speaking at MIMA Summit 2010
- Local SEO 101: Domain Naming
- Guest Post At Bruce Clay’s Blog: 10 Image SEO Tips For Local
- Thoughts On Local Search Ranking Factors