Be sure to check out my new post over at SEM Clubhouse on how Google Maps Labs’ new “What’s Around Here?” feature may reveal PlaceRank secrets.
“What’s Around Here?” is a wildcard feature that allows people to view the most-popular businesses and places for a particular mapped area.
Listing out the most-popular places for any given area, without having a keyword relevance or business category factoring in as well, may allow one further insight into the relative weighting of the ranking factors that influence priority within Google Maps listings.
- Thoughts On Local Search Ranking Factors
- Will Google Use Spelling & Grammar As Ranking Factors?
- Local SEO 101: Step One, Claim Your Listing In Google Maps
- Trust Seals May Be Super Local Ranking Factors
- “Downtown” Searches In Google Maps